Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello

Hello, I just figured I would introduce myself to my fellow bloggers out there. My name is David Somers, which I'm sure you guessed from my blog title. I live in the Tampa Bay Area, & live with my wife, who happens to be a beautiful Black women. We have one son together, who is three years old.
I was born in Norwalk, CT, & moved around quite a bit over the years, but have been based out of the Bay Area for about the last 20+ yrs pretty much. I've been involved in the martial arts pretty much my entire life, for the past 32 of my 37 yrs being alive. I have traveled not only across the US, but to the birthplace of Karate, Okinawa, to continue my training.
I am also a Christian, that loves God. I can be very outspoken at times, but not affraid to admit my mistakes, when I make them. I am somewhat liberal, & I am a democrat that voted for our current President, but do not like the fact that he sent more troops to war, since he stated during the election, that he will begin pulling out troops on day one.
I no longer follow the false sense of respect taught within many martial arts, where it is pretty much a one way street, I follow the Golden Rule, which is to treat others the way you wish to be treated; & an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I also believe in what is known as Karma to the world, which can be defined in the Christian sense by reading Psalm 7:14-16.
Well, got lots of things to do, but thought I'd write a brief intro, till next time; Take care, be blessed, & remember, Live everyday as your last, cause only God knows when that may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment